Sunday, June 20, 2010

Heiki Crabs....and the Batte of Dan-no-ura

In reading about China's influence on Japan, I learned of the battle of Dan-no-ura, which took place in 1185 between 2 rival samurai clans. As one who has always been fascinated with the way of the Samurai, I went looking (on the internet of course) for some more info. Aside from the usual wiki-sources, which satisfy my curiousity most times (I know, superficial me), I found this video. Yes, the heikigani are crabs. Yes, that is Carl Sagan. No, I don't know if this is pre- or post- Godzilla (I'm joking!, have a sense of humor). Neverthless, here's what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiNKt6gcEM8

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The legend of the Heiki Crabs is interesting but the commentator ruins the mysterious feel of the clip.

    ReplyDelete